Thursday, March 17, 2011

heading north

Hey Folks,
We're currently on a mooring ball in Vero Beach after a night at Peck Lake where a sportfish dragged anchor and ended up in the channel!  Tonight we celebrated St. Patrick's Day at the Riverside Cafe a short walk from the marina.  Tomorrow we'll anchor somewhere between Vero Beach and Titusville making our way to Titusville sometime Saturday afternoon.

Motoring up the ICW watching all the crazy boaters [stupidity should be painful] I keep thinking about another sailor's blog where his tag line reads; "Be safe, it's dumb out there...."

CHeeRS!
-m & d

1 comment:

  1. I have been boarded for 'safety checks' four or five times. Make no mistake, they are looking for contraband. Once I was in an 18 ft boat leaving Port Canaveral and they took about 90 minutes. I was young and had a full beard. There was a launch that day and I was pretty sure they thought I was going to try to disrupt it...

    ReplyDelete