Hello from the states!!!
Yup, we made it back to Lake Worth (N. west palm beach) and what a long ride it was crossing the stream. We knew it would be long, 11 hours, but that does not make it any easier, luckily we had almost perfect weather and waves. We left Westend settlement at 5:30 in total darkness, and I have to say; it was rather eerie for the first 90 minutes motoring along like I knew where we were going in total darkness…. We’re in the states and all is well, what can I say???
We did have an interesting incident as we approached the east coast of FL, we were boarded by the Coast Guard!! Yikes! They wanted to board our vessel for a ‘safety check’ while under way. I’m beginning to think Mary has some mysterious history she’s been hiding from me all these years…... Anyway, the boarding was interesting; the mother coast guard ship (with 2, 50 caliber machine guns in the deck) sends a small vessel (a dinghy on steroids) with 4 armed young men to “investigate’ us….. Okay, they are just doing their job and they were very young and professional (I’m surprised Mary didn’t offer them snacks and drinks- you know the mother instinct in her…). After about 45 minutes of not finding any alien life forms and completing the ‘safety check’ they were gone and we were left struggling to get to the inlet.
Tomorrow we head to Publix for some much needed diet pepsi, hummus, fruit and other misc (did I mention some nice beer with lots of hops?). After our Publix adventure we’re off to Peck Lake on our ride home.
As we settled in for the evening (now that the worst was behind us) we reflected on the crossing that was not that bad after all. Crossing is just one of those things you do to get to experience all that we were lucky enough to do. Amazing how fast one can forget difficult struggles???
CHeeRS!
-m & d
The Coast Guard "mother ship" and dink on its approach to board us
They guys that did the "safety inspection"
Ya gotta to avoid these suckers!
Our last Bahamas Sunrise over Westend
No comments:
Post a Comment